Saturday, November 15, 2008

Urgh!


So, I'm writing to vent about television and my recent frustrations. I don't watch a lot of t.v. but when I do, I have my favorite shows. Some of which include: Ghost Whisperer, Desperate Housewives, and Lipstick Jungle.


Last week I became annoyed when the writers of Ghost Whisperer decided to have "Jim" the main star's husband die. He's been such an integral part of the show and to now have him die is ridiculous! I watched the recent episode last night only to find out that he will now be living in someone's else body! I mean really! I would expect this if I was watching Days of our Lives where people die and come back all the time, but not with this show!


Second, I learned yesterday that Lipstick Jungle is being cancelled and it seems that everytime I get interested in a show it gets cancelled. I'm left scratching my head to understand why reality shows always survive and keep coming back each season! Have we really become a society that thrives on watching other people live their lives, see if they can survive in the wild for 30 days, or try to figure out which guy or girl they will propose too? What happened to those good quality family shows that I so fondly remember watching on Friday nights with my family when I was a little girl? Those shows brought families together for a hour or two a night and for me built memories that will last a lifetime.


Is it too much for me to ask for some good television shows that make me happy when I watch them, make me feel like I can relate to them, or allow me to forget about the crazy day I've had and for a brief time step into the world I'm watching on television? Just some food for thought!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally agree --- it makes me crazy to have all this reality crap on and nothing else decent. i am sooo sad to hear about lipstick jungle getting cancelled - i am just now getting into it and really like it! bummer:(

Anonymous said...

Withn a couple of years, you will totally lose control of the TV. It will be Barney, The Backyardigans, Mickey MOuse Club and The Bearenstien Bears....Take whatever you can get while you have that control NOW! It is a very nice babysitter though while you try to get thingsdone!
Sher

Anonymous said...

Very true Sherry! I guess then I'll resort DVRing everything and watching Jack goes to bed!

Anonymous said...

i never watch anything live anymore but love being able to sit take a break at the end of the day and watch a 1 hour show in only 30 minutes