Thursday, January 22, 2009

Domestic Goddess vs Working Mother


As some of you Taco Salad readers might know by now, Brian and I made the decision for me to leave my full-time job and stay home with Jack and look for something part-time in marketing.

I returned back to work on January 6th after being home with Jack for a little over three months. My first day back was very hard and made me realize things that were once important to me ranked a little lower now. Family has become front and center and I needed to make a choice that would accomodate this lifestyle change for me.

As I returned for the second day of work, I still was upset at the fact that Jack would only see either of his parents for 2 hours out of the day. The stability that he needs of a parent being there for him would not happen if I continued to work full-time. Jack was having a hard time adjusting to the change as well. At this point, the decision to stay home became a fairly easy one for Brian and I to make.

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and as I close this chapter of my life, I look forward to what the next chapter will bring. I also want to thank Brian for being such an amazing and supportive husband during this transtion in our lives.

2 comments:

mom mom said...

Tasha,
You made a good decision for what is best for you and your family at this time. Something will come along that is more suitable for what you want for you and your family. Timing is everything. Enjoy this time.
Blessings and much love, Saundra
mom mom

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Jack will have you at home. While it's not always easy to be at home, especially when you also want to be working, I feel it's totally worth. I complain some days, but then if Sophie goes to a friend's house all day so I can work, I suddenly miss her terribly. I think this will also reduce stress for both of you. Good call. Enjoy your little boy. We miss him.