Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Remember California



Last week I had the pleasure of going to one of my favorite places (Los Angeles) to experience two of my favorite things: (1) cycling, and (2) my baby niece Sophie.

My dad, brother Brad (a long-time cyclist), and I were joined by a few of Brad's cycling cohorts (Jan, Atila, and Mark) to form Team Riddell's Markets. Together we rode the 2008 Acura LA Bike Tour in approximately one hour and 26 minutes. The ride was extra-special as we rode in honor of my late grandmother and grandfather (Libby and Lewis) who owned a series of grocery stores throughout Northern Kentucky in the 40's and 50's. I've done lots of rides, and several tours, but none of those compared to riding with my dad and Brad through downtown LA, past the Staples Center, and around the LA Memorial Coliseum. The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, taking in some of my favorite restaurants, visiting with friends, and getting as much of Sophie as I could.

Thank you Brad and Tina for another great time. You are wonderful hosts and always go out of your way to make visits to LA comfortable and entertaining.

2 comments:

pops said...

I have to agree with my "Bird", riding with my sons in honor of my parents and their accomplishments was a great 1 1/2 hours that will go down in my memory bank as long as I live. I also appreciate the wonderful hospitality that was given to Brian and I during our stay. Kudos to my Brad, Tina and little girl "Sophia Elizabeth Kerstan Riddell. Good Job Brian...

Anonymous said...

It was fun having you both. We'll have to break out the green and white jerseys in the bluegrass real soon.