Monday, March 31, 2008

Opening Day


It may not have seemed like it for most of the last decade or so, but, Cincinnati is definitely a baseball town. Nothing speaks more to this point than Opening Day. Indeed, the first game of the season in professional baseball's first city is more like a holiday than anything else. Ceremony, parades, pep rallies, and Skyline Chili truly make it a unique event. As I sit here I can hear the sirens and marching bands (yes, I should be working, but, I would not be human if I did not take a moment to embrace one of the things that makes this city great). All of this allows us to maintain an important piece of Downtown tradition, even when everything else is changing. If you live in the area and have never been to Opening Day--you're missing out. For those of you who live outside the Greater Cincinnati area it is certainly worth the trip. It's baseball time in the Queen City. Spring is here. Play ball!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dexter should have been the mascot this year

pops said...

Hey, I'll tell you one thing, Dexter would make a great center fielder,just look at that athlete possing with that great posture, and I think he should be introduced to Bob Castelini.
Go 2008 Reds.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Dexter could play center field. You need to rent Air Bud 2: Golden Receiver for him.