Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Game On


I've never really considered myself much of a gamer. In fact, growing up, video games could only entertain me for so long. I've always thought they were cool, but after a while, I'd be up to shoot baskets, ride my bike, toss baseball (or play pickle) with my Dad and/or my bros, or play Paul O'Neal or Glen Braggs with my bros and El Senior (Paul O'Neal and Glen Braggs are games invented by me and my brothers that are variations of two spectacular plays made by O'Neal and Braggs respectively during the 1990 National League Championship Series against the Pittsburgh Pirates). I like physical activity, and prefer to be active over watching a TV screen and manipulating a controller with my thumbs. As such, it would take something extraordinary to change my ways and make me a convert. Well, I'm officially a convert, and both my wife and Nintendo are responsible for the change.

In particular, Tasha, who as been yearning for a Wii for quite some time, recently got a wild hair up her $@ss and decided to pull the trigger. End result: Prego T-Fab leaving Toys R Us with one of the last two Wii's in stock (As an aside, are multiple Wii's pronounced Wi? I leave you all to debate).

Long story short, this little white box has provided endless fun for us over the mere five days that we've had it. In fact, all of my post-Derby activity last Saturday consisted of sipping mint juleps and playing: (1) Super Mario Cart, (2) Wii Bowling, and (3) Wii Golf. I am continuously amazed at how realistic the games feel and how accurately movements translate to the TV screen. I absolutely love it.

Nintendo Wii: The perfect mix of video games and activity. Go get'cha one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Paul O'Neil" should be an Olympic sport, even if baseball isn't.

I believe I must have missed the Glenn Braggs, era, though, as I'm not sure how it is played.