Monday, September 8, 2008

Go Pats

After much discussion, and as a follow-up to "The Fleecing of Cincinnati" post, Taco Salad, along with his good buddies Sean Suder and Greg Cecil, have decided to become New England Patriots fans. Sans Tom Brady, the Patriots are still 100 times better than the Bungles. The organization knows how to get it done, and it will figure out how to overcome this obstacle. Call us front-runners if you like (although I'd beg to differ considering the revolutionaries are without the league MVP), but I think we've earned the right to cheer on a winner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you didn't choose Brett and the Jets! All I have to cheer for are my fantasy teams! And I think the Saints are a lot of fun. I like their team a lot. Cool colors, too.

I feel worst for Carson. He's the real deal and is being wasted.

Taco Salad said...

It was a group decision. The other choice was the Cowboys. When it's just me, I'm pulling for Brett and the Jets. When I'm with my boys it will be the Pats. Plus, I have to think forward, as Bret will not be around much longer. Brady, on the other hand, has a few more miles left.

I wish Brett could've stayed with the Pack. I watched them last night, and they're just not as much fun without the Ole Gunslinger.

pops said...

Pops agrees, the gunslinger is missed in G.B., he was G.B. and I wish him well in N.Y.They could make their division interesting.
The Ole Coach - Fireballer

Anonymous said...

clearly you have made a grave mistake in not picking the dallas cowboys.

tom brady is The Man, agreed. but bill belichick is insufferable. i suspect we'll all get to see how truly "genius" coach sweatshirt is now that he's without the quarterbacking terminator brady, sent from the future to win rings.

and can you imagine if favre had stayed retired just a few weeks more? he'd be so wearing patriots blue and silver.

Taco Salad said...

I do enjoy watching the Cowboys. They're probably the most exciting team in the league right now. I love Favre, but, he should have stayed retired.