Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurricane Ike Hits Cumberland Circle


















Today was hands-down the scariest experience I've had as a homeower. As Hurricane Ike moved north and slightly to the west of the tri-state area, it brought with it win gusts of up to 75 mph (that's hurricane force winds people). Tasha and I spent most of the afternoon without power, and praying that a tree or some other large object would not slam into our home. The winds appear to be subsiding, and aside from taking out one tree that I don't like anyway, and tearing apart a dead elm tree that I was planning on having cut down in the next couple of weeks, we escaped with only minor damage to our home. Here's what the winds did in and around Cumberland Circle this afternoon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sooo glad you are all safe.

Anonymous said...

We had a lot of branches down, a limb on the phone line over hanging Sid's big garage, I think Ryan will cut that down today before it snaps the line. I had to take about 4 detours this morning to get to work at the Sheriff's office, trees across the road and lines down, the news stated winds up to 84mph yesterday. We are fortunate though when you think of all the devastation to those folks in Texas.
Sher

Taco Salad said...

SOS...If anyone has chainsaws and are willing to help me chop up the dead elm and get it out of my neighbor's yard, please let me know.

Anonymous said...

Its a good thing you didn't go into labor yesterday with the high winds and no electric. (Boy Brian you got out of that scare)

Anonymous said...

crazy that it was still so strong a storm that far inland.