Saturday, August 2, 2008

Introducing Baby Jack










I figure, over the last month, you all have grown tired of looking at me and my kick $$ss haircut and rocking guitar. Well, now you can look at something a lot more special: our son Jack.

Above are images of our little guy taken at today's 3D ultra sound session. Nothing in our lives has ever compared to the excitement of seeing our beautiful son for the first time. We are truly blessed to not only have him, but live in a time where such things are possible.

I've heard it said that a woman becomes a mother as soon as she becomes pregnant, but a man becomes a father as soon as he sees his child. I strongly disagree with that thinking, as I've hoped for, and worried about, my little boy since the moment we learned we are going to be parents. Even so, today Tasha and I experienced a new joy that I dare say neither one of us could dream of. Indeed, no one can imagine such feelings until the time to experience them comes. Knowing how great Tasha and I feel today, we can't wait for the even greater enrichment of living our lives together with our precious gift.

We love you Jack. -Daddy and Mommy (and Dexter, of course)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME pictures. Way better than the ones we got of Sophie. It's amazing! Congrats, guys. We can't wait to meet him.

mom mom said...

Congratulations on one of the most special days ever. Jack is already a cutie. I am so happy for all three of you. Oops, all four of you, we love you too Dexter.
Blessings,
xo :>)
Mom Mom

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little boy, and I am thrilled to be his great Auntie! Move over Dexter, a new boy is comin' to town (or home). Help take good care of your new little pal!
Aunt Sherry

pops said...

Hey, sure is a good lookin boy in there. He looks very confortable and secure. He also looks like he wants to be left alone and sleep.
Kudos Buddy and Bo Bird!

Anonymous said...

this is just so awesome he's adorable can't wait to hold the little guy

Anonymous said...

Yippeeeee!! I loooove the wrinkled forhead!! Congrats to you all.

Taco Salad said...

Although you can't see it in the pictures, the tech was able to confirm that he has some hair.

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful, of course! Chad thinks he looks like him (hmmm...). You guys are going to be great parents, it's just the beginning of those awesome feelings!!!