Sunday, August 3, 2008

So Long Griffey!


This will be one of the few times I'll speak my mind on sports, so gentlemen mark you calendars!


When I learned about Ken Griffey Jr. getting traded last week from Brian, I was shocked and happy. Happy because for so long I felt that the Reds didn't need Ken Griffey Jr. He surely didn't give the Reds any competitive advangtage and only hit them out of the ball park when he wanted to beat records. He also spent more time on the bench than actually playing and always seemed to be nursing an injury.


So, it's time that the Reds cut their losses and spend the salary they were paying him on finding more pitching talent.


See you later Ken Griffey Jr., hope it works out for you with the White Sox!

2 comments:

mikenewby said...

Cute kid. what happen to you two. LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm happy Griff will be with a contender. And while he never achieved great success here, I'm glad he played for his hometown team for a good portion of his career.